Carmichael Recreation & Park District is an equal opportunity employer with policies and employment procedures designed to ensure the highest quality staff is selected to work with our community’s precious resources, whether it be in our maintenance division promoting the safety of our facilities and the beauty of our parks, our recreation division working with youth programs, special events, sports, and adult leisure activities, or our administration division providing customer service and administrative support for district operations that serve our community.
All applicants are required to submit a District Application which will be reviewed for minimum qualifications. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be further considered to continue in the recruitment process. Candidates will be subject to:
- Reference and background checks, including fingerprint screening
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license and good driving record (Case by case basis)
- Post offer pre-employment physical and/or drug screen performed by a licensed physician at the District’s expense in order to determine if the candidate is physically able to perform the requirements of the position. Reasonable accommodation for physical disability will be made where possible.
- Skills testing (depending on position)
Now Accepting Applications for the Following Positions:
- Recreation Supervisor – Application Deadline is 11/13/2017
- Park Maintenance Worker I – Application Deadline is 11/13/2017
- Finance Supervisor – Application Deadline is 9/29/17
- Seasonal Building & Event Monitor – Hours include weekends and some holidays. Must be able to work independently.
- Bridges After School Program – Recreation Leaders
- Class Instructors
- Day Camp Leaders – Hiring begins in Spring for Summer Program
- Youth Sports Positions – Elementary Basketball Coaches
- After-School Kids Hang Out – Recreation Leaders
- Review the position and job announcement for any special qualifications, and submit your application before the filing deadline if one is listed.
- Download the CRPD Application.
- Employee Background Questionnaire – Required for all positions having over-site of minors. Typical positions include Recreation Division Staff.
- Resume only accepted with completed application.
Questions call the District at (916) 485-5322.
Are you interested in Volunteering?
We’re currently looking for volunteer coaches for our Elementary Basketball Leagues. Please contact Joe at youth sports to find out how you can help.
All other volunteer inquiries can be sent to Alaina. We thank you for your interest and support!