Neighborhood Park Sites
West end of Pheasant Road, Carmichael, CA 95608
One acre developed mini-park. Amenities include picnic tables, playground and drinking fountain.
6o00 Kenneth Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608
A 6.7 acre undeveloped neighborhood park site that currently has fenced horse corrals, stables and a residential unit. View the latest Capra Park master plan.
Located on El Camino Avenue near Garfield Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608
7.4 acre developed neighborhood park. Amenities include a practice ballfield, picnic tables, playground, and portable restroom.
5750 Grant Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608 | Site Map
Serving the entire community of Carmichael, Carmichael Park is a 38 acre developed community park and is the location of the District Office.
Amenities & Features:
- Great Wall of Carmichael: Created by local artist Hugh Gorman and donated to the park by the Sacramento County. This wall is an artistic rendering of all the things that make our community great!
- Canine Corral, an off leash dog park with a small dog and large dog area, the dog park is open from dawn to dark and supported by volunteers. Renovations are planned for the future. View the Dog Park master plan.
- Community Clubhouse & Veteran’s Memorial Building: Available for reservations these facilities hold community meetings, wedding receptions, workshops and special events, as well as providing diverse locations for our recreation programs.
- Daniel Bishop Memorial Pavilion for the Performing Arts (Band-shell): hosts our annual Summer Concert series and various events throughout the year! A great place for performances, award ceremonies, and graduations.
- Raymond & Hazel Nay Memorial Picnic Shelter: Great for company picnics and barbecues and seats up to 300 people. Electricity and water available. Available for reservation.
- Five ball fields, barbecues, basketball court, picnic tables, three playgrounds, restrooms, six tennis courts, volleyball, and horseshoe pit.
- Permanent restroom building and for easy access in the back of the park near the dog park and playgrounds.
- A 9 hole Disc Golf Course The course is CLOSED (Holes 6 & 7) every Sunday for the Farmers Market; (Entire Course) the 4th of July Parade, (Entire Course) Park Rec and Eat It monthly Food Truck events; (Entire Course) Easter Egg Hunt; and (Entire Course) Founders Day (Sept). Call the District at (916) 485-5322 for specific dates.
End of Heathcliff Drive, Carmichael, CA 95608
12 acre developed/9.6 acre undeveloped community park. Amenities include concrete pathways, playground, soccer field, and nature area. Dogs on leashes are allowed. There is a portable restroom available.
5292 Glancy Drive, Carmichael, CA 95608
3 acre developed neighborhood park. Amenities include basketball court, picnic tables, and playground.
4310 Jan Drive, Carmichael, CA 95608
13.6 acre developed neighborhood park. This park includes a playground, turf area, picnic areas, concrete and dirt trails for walking. Portable restroom available. Dogs on leashes are allowed.
8520 Fair Oaks Boulevard, Carmichael, CA 95608
3 acre developed community botanical garden. Available for limited events and small groups. Decomposed granite trails and handicapped seating available. This is also home to the Pathway for the Blind where plant identification are provided in Braille. Volunteer work days on scheduled throughout the year. For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact email@example.com. Please NO DOGS ALLOWED in the garden.
5325 Engle Road, STE 100, Carmichael, CA 95608
36 acre community center which includes; meeting rooms, the John D. Smith Hall (dining for 385), 2 gymnasiums, a playground, soccer fields, baseball fields and basketball courts. The facility is also home to the Sacramento Fine Arts Center, Chautauqua Playhouse and Therapeutic Recreation Services. La Sierra Community Center is also home to school tenants.
6618 Rappahannock Way, Carmichael, CA 95608
9.4 acre developed neighborhood park including gravel nature path, butterfly garden, playground, picnic area, misting stick, and drinking fountains. There is a portable restroom on site.
6827 Palm Avenue, Fair Oaks, CA 95628
A 3 acre neighborhood park featuring a playground, gravel and concrete walking paths, a butterfly garden, Wall of Honor, portable restroom available and drinking fountain. Dogs allowed on leash.
Schweitzer Grove Nature Area
There are five walk-in entrances: Milroy Lane, Castleglen Way, Donneybrook Way, Hussey Drive and Sumter Drive, Carmichael, CA 95608
Schweitzer Grove Nature Area includes 17.2 acre nature area. Amenities include nature areas and walking trails. There is one portable restroom off Milroy Lane.
View the Approved Trail System master plan
Located near Sutter Avenue and Hollister Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608
10.8 acre undeveloped neighborhood park. View the Sutter Jensen Master Plan Neighborhood fundraising is underway!
Also home to the Carmichael Community Garden.